onecare is lost RRS feed

• Question

• My kids ruined my back up disk for my computer. When the computer crashed everything was lost including onecare. It will not let me re-install. I can not figure out what to do!!! I can not figure out how to get a phone number and none of the info on the website is helping! I am a novice. PLEASE HELP!
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 12:22 AM

Answers

• If you have reinstalled Windows XP you need to update to Service Pack 2 before you can install One Care. If you have Service Pack 2 installed and are unable to install One Care please post back the error message you see at installation failure.
    Jim
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:37 PM

All replies

• If you have reinstalled Windows XP you need to update to Service Pack 2 before you can install One Care. If you have Service Pack 2 installed and are unable to install One Care please post back the error message you see at installation failure.
    Jim
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:37 PM
  • stcdavis, if you need help in reaching support:

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/5ce80ec8-58a2-4ce5-afc0-358f3c662030

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 4:08 PM