blocking server remote access RRS feed

• Question

• My situation is trying stop a hacker from accessing the server and WiFi capabilities, including Bluetooth and network sharing.  As, I, just experienced this with mine, camera rolling and streaming all details as well the hacker had just as much control over the computers and phone systems that were WiFi capable. This also included the very capability to of accessing all bank, credit card, numbers passwords and even the manipulation  of in out going phone calls. It was if they had more control than I did, and definitely,  the time to perfect there methods as I fought to stop them, even disabling programs as they continued to download new ones to work around the disabled ones, till finally all administrator power was lost by me to them. This past two weeks my I phone, computers and every WiFi device including printers was used in in this act. How can one stop that? I'm out of ideas . But it has been very costly and honestly, I want there ass. There has got to be away to trace and track it. Peace out
    Monday, November 23, 2015 7:20 AM

All replies

• Is this related to Windows Home Server?

Well first step to stop a hacker accessing stuff over network would be to cut the Internet Connection. Eventually the router is hacked, there have been various models with loopholes on the market.

If the hacker still has access, since you say over Wifi, the WLAN could be compromised and the hacker operate from neighbourhood.

Try to boot from a clean recovery medium of a good virus scanner and start scanning/cleaning your machines, better is to backup important data and reinstall from the scratch. After the Virus Scanner run a full scan with MalwareBytes Antimalware, which is good also against stuff, which is not directly considered to be a virus.

Change all passwords, online passwords from a safe system.

Professional help might be required as a last resort. Maybe file a complaint at the police too.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:06 AM