none
Vista Ultimates Reports "Activation Required within 3 days" when system place in docking station RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how to resolve/fix this issue?  If I select activate when the computer is in the docking station it will activate fine.  When I remove the computer from the docking station and use it I get the activation message again.  I can activate again out of the docking station and all is well until I return the computer to the docking station at which point I get the activation message again.  It would seem that there should be an easy fix for this.  I originally posted the problem September 4 prior to discovering that the docking station is the cause of the problem.  The thread has been marked answered - obviously it has not.  For reference go to 'Vista activation not persistent'. 
    Thanks,
    RJRC4S

Saturday, September 29, 2007 8:22 PM

Answers

• Hi RJRC4S,

Would you create an (no cost) Service Request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 and post the Confirmation Number in this thread? I wish to contact you directly and have you run a file that will collect some information that we should be able to use to resolve your issue.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 10:27 PM
  • Hi RJRC4S,

I have sent you a mail to your Hotmail address, that you listed when you created the Service Request.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi RJRC4S,

Would you create an (no cost) Service Request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 and post the Confirmation Number in this thread? I wish to contact you directly and have you run a file that will collect some information that we should be able to use to resolve your issue.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 10:27 PM
  • Darin,

Thanks for the response.  Confirmation number: 1046702078.

RJRC4S
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:32 PM
  • Hi RJRC4S,

I have sent you a mail to your Hotmail address, that you listed when you created the Service Request.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Note: I am closing this thread.

RJRC4S is currently working with me to resolve this issue. I will try to update this thread (and any others regarding RJRC4S's issue) with the final resolution, if it is found to be potentially useful to others.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:04 PM