have no sound on my pc RRS feed

• Question

• i down loaded service pack 3 and now my sound is gone a i get the black box when i type

Friday, November 16, 2007 8:00 PM

All replies

• Some steps are 1Smile Find the manufacture of the computer and go to their web site, and download the audio file for you computer.2Smile Call the company of the computer that you own, and maybe they can HELP YOU through tech support. Or 3Smile If you wish you can send me an E-mail  and i will try and help you.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:06 PM
  • I just dowload windows vista, and as soon as I finished dowloding my pc has no sound. How can I fix this problem.When I try to play music the fallowing message apire" Windows Media player cannot play the file because thir is a problem with your sound device.There might not be a sound device installed in your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly." Please can you help me getting the sound back.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:00 PM
  • I was getting updates and now I have no sound on my compter and the thing is that my drivers are all working, but I have no sound from the microsoft windows and form start up so how do I fix that because I have Been on the phone with HP for over 10 hours now and this is now driving me crazy. So how do I fix that... Please Help Me.

Saturday, June 7, 2008 1:47 AM
  • I have the same problem. One day my sound is working the next it's not. re-installed Vista and sound card and stgill no sound. I do an audio test and sound comes through the back speakers on 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound but when I play a divx, avi or mp3 no sound comes through. However when I play a dvd that works. Please help if anyone knows how to sort this out.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:36 AM
  • i just had xp on my pc and my speakers did not get picked up ????????? help me plz

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:40 PM