MCITP - Which test first? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Susan,

Gerenally speaking, there is no mandertory sequence of taking these exams. It actually depends on what you are good at and what you have prepared for it.

Personally, I would like to suggest that you consider the sequence like below

Exam 70-640 (TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring)

Exam 70-642 (TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring)

Exam 70-643: (TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    )

Exam 70-646 (Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator).

If you want to get certification of MCITP, the Exam 70-643 is required.

Hope this can be helpful.

Scoprio

TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin | System Architect
    • Proposed as answer by Scorprio_Milo Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 2:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:30 AM
  • My opinion is, that Network Infrastructure is most difficult of these. I'm thinking to start from AD or Server Admin, and then if these passes, I'll really start to read for networking. Our trainer told, that Server Admin test would be the easest one of these, because it is not so technically detailed.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Susan,

Gerenally speaking, there is no mandertory sequence of taking these exams. It actually depends on what you are good at and what you have prepared for it.

Personally, I would like to suggest that you consider the sequence like below

Exam 70-640 (TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring)

Exam 70-642 (TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring)

Exam 70-643: (TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    )

Exam 70-646 (Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator).

If you want to get certification of MCITP, the Exam 70-643 is required.

Hope this can be helpful.

Scoprio

TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin | System Architect
    • Proposed as answer by Scorprio_Milo Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:30 AM
  • My opinion is, that Network Infrastructure is most difficult of these. I'm thinking to start from AD or Server Admin, and then if these passes, I'll really start to read for networking. Our trainer told, that Server Admin test would be the easest one of these, because it is not so technically detailed.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:01 AM