XBOX 360 Folder Contents are Incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I use my XBOX 360 to play my video, music and photo folders from my home server by using the media sharing. I needed to reinstall my home server software and when I did I named the server the same name as the previous installation. Every since then my folders are stuck as they were before the reinstallation. I have tried turning media sharing off and reseting the server and xbox but still have the same issue. I did notice the the server still shows in the list of computers on the xbox when the server is offline. Any help or suggestions on how to get this fixed is much appreciated.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:45 PM

All replies

• I've not got my xbox to hand at the moment but I am sure there is an option when the server is highlighted to remove it.
    --
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:15 PM
  • my folders are stuck as they were before the reinstallation . I have tried turning media sharing off and reseting the server and xbox but still have the same issue. I did notice the the server still shows in the list of computers on the xbox when the server is offline.
    1mrwingate -

What exactly do you mean by folders are stuck?  Do you mean, when you view the shared folders on your Xbox , that there contents seem to be what they were before you did a re-install?  Or do you mean, you can't change the content of the folders from a computer?

I know that I've noticed the refresh of shares on the 360 can be a bit slow...particularly if you're using a wireless connection between your server and your Xbox , or if you have a lot of media you are sharing.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:53 PM