A Few Irritating Things RRS feed

• Question

• The Desktop Search program is useful, but there is no included program to search other files on the PC. This can be quite irritating especially when looking for files that you have forgotten where you have put them.

Example, I am looking for the log of a failed installation of a program, but I can't find it manually. I know it is there, I've seen it before on other Windows Operating Systems, but now it will take me a few hours to find it because of the way I have my file system and partitioning set up.

Also, the bootscreen should be changed so that it doesn't look like a complete rip-off of Windows Server 2003. Doesn't need to be flashy, just something that makes it stand out as being a Home Server OS.

And there is no IE7 or WMP included on the install DVD. To my knowledge, they were both released before the Home Server betas started coming out. Yes, I know that it is currently not possible to install WMP11 on Windows Server 2003 and up, but some sort of program would be nice.

/rant
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:49 AM

All replies

• i fully agree and the boot screen isn´t really funny (ok; it´s an org. 2003 SBS)

also other links are missing (out of box), for example the control panel, help @start, network con. and so on

and finaly, the -by the way- during-the install formated ext. usb drive (with 60gb drivers,progs,etc ;-( without request or "youre shure?" dialog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:59 PM
  •  StimpE wrote:
    And there is no IE7 or WMP included on the install DVD. To my knowledge, they were both released before the Home Server betas started coming out. Yes, I know that it is currently not possible to install WMP11 on Windows Server 2003 and up, but some sort of program would be nice.

Why would you want to use IE7 or WMP on WHS? It's not really meant to be used as a desktop OS...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:16 PM