Win XP, Outlook & Desktop picture displays RRS feed

• Question

•  Some picture attachments in Outlook won't view, I get an error message that says the ConnAPI.DLL connection is missing and I need to know how to restore it. Also I can't display the background pictures on the Desktop, they don't appear to have a file type association /connection now and I can't restore it. The Desktop picture stopped displaying after deleting a picture folder (which I later restored to try to fix it). But the funny thing is that the background picture still displays at start-up. Can anyone explain what the problem might be and how to fix it? The files aren't being recognized for some reason. We've installed picture viewers such as Adobe, HP picture viewer, photo shop etc. Some pictures will open in Outlook and some won't. It doesn't seem to be associated with they type of file. Example: it may or may not open a .jpg to view. I've tried restoring the defaults, re-booting, basically everything I can think of except re-installing Office (I'm trying to avoind that if possible) Please Help!
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:07 PM

Answers