none
Discussion disapeared

Question

• I posted a question in the .NET topic and my discussion disappeared can someone look into this, it was about 3 hours ago

Much Appreciated

Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:38 PM

Answers

• OK, it appears Paul's email is public.

Paul Ishak: et3ishak (at) hotmail (dot) com

For some reason I cannot tell on the others. It may take awhile for Paul to respond, and he may not be monitoring this address actively. Still, I think email is best. I will see if I can find the thread myself.

Edit: OK, I found the thread in bing, but when I attempt to open it, it is deleted. The first few lines show up as follows:

======= pasted ========

In the old days our standard for message authentication was to Xor MD5 and SHA, now that SHA3 has been out for quite a while now, I would like to Xor SHA2 and SHA3 to ...

=====================

So this appears (to me) to be a false positive by the spam filter. Email Paul.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:31 PM

All replies

• Something to add: maybe I am marked as spam since I am using public internet access here...
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:40 PM
  • If you don't see the discussion when you view "My Threads" under the "Quick Access" link, then the thread never got posted. The only activity I see for you recently is in the Visual Basic forum. Is that what you mean? You may need to post again.

If the post is lost, the best you can do is email fissues (at) microsoft (dot) com and ask them to investigate. Provide a link to the forum and a link to your profile.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:57 PM
  • If you don't see the discussion when you view "My Threads" under the "Quick Access" link, then the thread never got posted. The only activity I see for you recently is in the Visual Basic forum. Is that what you mean? You may need to post again.

If the post is lost, the best you can do is email fissues (at) microsoft (dot) com and ask them to investigate. Provide a link to the forum and a link to your profile.

Yes, I do not see the discussion under my threads as you specify. I did post the link because I saw it in the list with 11 views then it was gone after 3 hours.

If I post again will I get in trouble for posting the same thing twice??

By the way the title of the post was "System.Security.Cryptography where is sha3?"

Also the question was cached by bing search engine it is in the cache!
    • Edited by vb.NET 0.0 Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:04 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:02 PM
  • If you saw it in the list, then it disappeared, then most likely it was deleted. This must have been done by either a moderator in the forum or a forums admin. I am not sure, but perhaps the spam filter can also delete posts.

Where you post from should not matter, as you authenticate with your liveid name and password. But since it seems the post was deleted, I would not post it again. You need to ask a moderator in the forum, as only they can view deleted posts. They can tell who deleted the post, read the post, and judge if it was in any way offensive. If it was the spam filter, it may have detected key words and automatically deleted it. A moderator can also undelete a post. Unless you can guess what the words could have been, you need the help of a moderator.

Was this in the Visual Basic forum I see listed in your activities? If you can find a moderator that is an MVP, we might be able to find an email address in their mvp provile. Communicating with moderators has always been difficult in the forums.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Thank you much appreciated for your help. As you stated I do not know how to contact the moderator, what is the method to contact the moderator?

Also to answer your question  "Was this in the Visual Basic forum I see listed in your activities" yes it is in the .NET Visual Basic. I try to communicate in a proper manner but perhaps my limited English provides a bad thing.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:16 PM
  • OK, I found 3 moderators in that forum. I recognize all of the names, as they are active.

Reed Kimble

Paul Ishak

Kevininstructor

I can view their email addresses, but let me first check if this info is public before I post it here. I think the only way to handle this is with email.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:24 PM
  • OK, it appears Paul's email is public.

Paul Ishak: et3ishak (at) hotmail (dot) com

For some reason I cannot tell on the others. It may take awhile for Paul to respond, and he may not be monitoring this address actively. Still, I think email is best. I will see if I can find the thread myself.

Edit: OK, I found the thread in bing, but when I attempt to open it, it is deleted. The first few lines show up as follows:

======= pasted ========

In the old days our standard for message authentication was to Xor MD5 and SHA, now that SHA3 has been out for quite a while now, I would like to Xor SHA2 and SHA3 to ...

=====================

So this appears (to me) to be a false positive by the spam filter. Email Paul.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:31 PM
  • Thank you
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 9:09 PM
  • I apologize for taking a bit to get back on this. I briefly looked at the thread when I recieved the email and saw that it had been marked as answered. I assumed the problem was solved. Let me take a look in deleted threads and get back to you.

“If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.”

Don't forget to mark helpful posts and answers ! Answer an interesting question? Write a new article about it! My Articles
    *This post does not reflect the opinion of Microsoft, or its employees.

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:36 PM
  • So after taking a look, it appears that your thread  titled "System.Security.Cryptography where is sha3?"was deleted by another moderator.

The reason stated by that moderator was:

"You need to close out the first question before asking another one on the same topic"

So this would lead me to believe you have asked this question multiple times, or a similar question. 

If this is not the case, please get back to me and I will un delete your thread.

Thanks,

I do appreciate the patience you have had.

“If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.”

Don't forget to mark helpful posts and answers ! Answer an interesting question? Write a new article about it! My Articles

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:40 PM
  • Hello friends:

Thank you for your assistance.

I am saddened that nobody else is interested in this as it is very unique and could be useful to our developer base until Microsoft can be putting it into the library which I predict is not until 2017.

I have over the weekend worked very hard and have already reproduced all of the the entire Keccak functions so the question is no longer relevant. It took nearly 3000 lines of code but it works perfectly matching all expected test input and output 100% so I no longer need to rely on any libraries.

I will say that I also wrote a AES library which was 10 times easier than Keccak

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:49 PM
  • Hello friends:

Thank you for your assistance.

I am saddened that nobody else is interested in this as it is very unique and could be useful to our developer base until Microsoft can be putting it into the library which I predict is not until 2017.

I have over the weekend worked very hard and have already reproduced all of the the entire Keccak functions so the question is no longer relevant. It took nearly 3000 lines of code but it works perfectly matching all expected test input and output 100% so I no longer need to rely on any libraries.

I will say that I also wrote a AES library which was 10 times easier than Keccak

Vb.net,

I believe that people will be interested, indeed. What I meant by unique was to make sure you weren't posting the same question multiple times. I did just go through your profile activity, and I was unable to locate any duplicate threads. I have un-deleted your question. I believe your thread was mistakenly deleted.

Take care!

• Proposed as answer by Paul Ishak Monday, March 9, 2015 6:52 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Your question can be located at this link.

System.Security.Cryptography where is sha3

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:53 PM