Trial Copy to Legal Copy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed a 180 days trial copy of WHS to try it out. I am totally sold out on WHS. Now that my trial period has come to an end, I would like to have a licenced version of WHS running. I have ordered a copy of the WHS Software from Amazon and would be receiving it in a few days time.

What I would like to know if it is possible to install the licenced copy of WHS on to the trial version (wherein everything has been properly installed and working) without having to do a clean install?

Thanks,

turbovin13
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I installed a 180 days trial copy of WHS to try it out. I am totally sold out on WHS. Now that my trial period has come to an end, I would like to have a licenced version of WHS running. I have ordered a copy of the WHS Software from Amazon and would be receiving it in a few days time.

What I would like to know if it is possible to install the licenced copy of WHS on to the trial version (wherein everything has been properly installed and working) without having to do a clean install?

Thanks,

turbovin13

This FAQ explains how to do a server reinstall with the full copy. Because of the built in time bomb with the evaluation copy, you can't enter the PID and go forward. You can do the reinstall which will just wipe the sys partition but leave the data intact.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:41 PM