CRM Online, create a new, blank main form for existing entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We want to create another blank main form for Account which we can enforce security only allowing certain people to see the content in this form.  We do not want to create another custom entity because its relationship with Account is 1:1.  We do not want to put everything in the existing main form because it's already had two much information, besides we can enforce the security role on this new form.

In Customize the System -> Account -> Forms -> New, we can create a new main form for Account.  However, it simply clones the existing Account main form.  We have to manually remove all fields, sections and tabs in the form.  The real hassle came from the fact that system required fields, (sections, tabs) are not allowed to be removed. 

I am just thinking it does not make sense to create new, blank form like that.  Are there other ways we can create a new, blank main form for an existing entity?  Thanks.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:19 PM

All replies

• I posted this request at https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/2903569 and linked to this post.  I ran into this problem too, found your post here, and I thought it would have a better chance of getting noticed in the MS Connect feedback area.
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hi, Garth-

Unfortunately, I had no luck on creating the new form like I described in my original post.  I ended up with creating another tab in the existing main form:-)

Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:42 PM