Third party ASR/TTS integration with Speech server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Can anyone explains me the support of integration of third party ASR/TTS engines with Speech server 2007. If speech server 2007 supports integration of thirdpary i.e Nuance or Loquendo what are the steps we need to follow for integratoin .

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 4:27 PM

Answers

• Those Realspeak engines are specifically licensed for use with Speech Server.

Generic third party engines are not supported.

The only engines that are supported are those available via Speech Server language packs.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:50 PM

All replies

• Speech Server 2007 does not support integration of 3rd party engines.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:28 AM
  • HI Anthony,

In Mircrosoft Office Communications Server 2007/config directory contains RealSpeak tts related configuration files.

In another directory \speech\components\common RealSpeakWMI.dll I found realspeak related file. If SpeechServer 2007 doesn't supports integration of ASR/TTS engines of thirdparty , for what purpose they kept the RealSpeak related config and dll files as a part of MSOCS speech server 2007 . If I am asking anything wrong please correct me.

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Those Realspeak engines are specifically licensed for use with Speech Server.

Generic third party engines are not supported.

The only engines that are supported are those available via Speech Server language packs.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:50 PM