none
Win10 Taskbar not always showing (bug, I assume) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I apologize for posting this in the, maybe, wrong forum. I don't know where this belongs. Please inform me about the right place and I will post this there.

My Desktop Computer has Win10 and the Taskbar is usually hidden, but activates when the mousepointer arrives at the bottom of the screen.

That works in 95% of the time. But sometimes it doesn't. In this case I have a window (Explorer or Firefox) and this window is maximized. When I move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen, there is no Taskbar showing. When I change the window, let's say from a maximized Explorer-Window with that problem, to a maximized Firefox-Window without that problem, the Taskbar is working as intended. When I change the window back to the "problematic window" the Taskbar is not working anymore. So it really depends on that window. Sometimes "a window" has that bug. You can only close the window and open it again, then everything is working fine.

When I move the problematic window, so that I can see a piece of the desktop at the bottom of the screen, so that it is not maximized anymore, the Taskbar can be activated as intended. But when I maximize the window again, it stops working once more. The moment one of my windows "gets infected" it stays that way.

I cannot reproduce this, but it happens frequently, every couple of days.

I'd say it's a bug. Anyone an idea?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:29 PM

Answers