Using the IE tab to start safety scanner but internet explorer not connecting, cant scan whilst in firefox! please help!!!??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys, I have tried scanning whilst in firefox but it says I have to install the add on 'IE tab'. I then try to use this by right clicking anywhere on the page and clicking on the 'open in IE Tab'. This brings up a new tab which should be internet explorer but it wont load. All I get is 'cannot connect to this page at this time'. I have tried diagnosing the problem but it says the connection is fine.
    Has anyone else had this? I really need to scan my computer as my email account was hacked into the other day and it is running very slowly. I also tried before and had problems with it being vista but Im guessing this had something to do with trying to scan whilst in firefox!!??

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me! I am about ready to through my laptop out the window now.

Thanks, Lou
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, August 14, 2009 4:24 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, August 14, 2009 4:25 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 11:19 AM

All replies