Selecting different projections have no effect on the picture RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to manipulate the picture with different projections. I get the same result whatever projection I select. The only manupulation I can make with the picture is moving it around, scale it or rotate it.
    Is there anything I have missed out?
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:33 PM

Answers

• That's not a wide enough result for these projections to have any effect. You need > 90 degrees to start seeing anything.

You get a narrow field of view like this if the source was shot with a zoom lens. But, it's possible that ICE computed the wrong angular extents in your case - this can happen if the EXIF metadata is not present.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:14 PM

All replies

• How many photos are you stitching together?

There is no effect without a cause.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:39 PM
  • I tried both 4 and 6 photos.

BTW - I'm running Windows 10 - 9935

Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:49 PM
  • What is the reported field of view of the images in the bottom of the STITCH pane? In other words what are XX and YY where it says "spans XX horizontally, YY vertically"?

My guess is that these are small numbers. The projection only has an effect for wide field of view images.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:59 PM
  • It says 18.4' horizontally and 8.7' vertically
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:07 PM
  • That's not a wide enough result for these projections to have any effect. You need > 90 degrees to start seeing anything.

You get a narrow field of view like this if the source was shot with a zoom lens. But, it's possible that ICE computed the wrong angular extents in your case - this can happen if the EXIF metadata is not present.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:14 PM
  • Great - I will try more shots next time. I'm stiching pictures from a DJI Phantom Vision 2+. It should not be any issues with EXIF.
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 9:01 PM