Voice and Video via a VPN / SSLVPN channel. RRS feed

• Question

• I done some implementation by the recommended solution in the doc. That is, via opening the ports recommended in the external and internal firewall, after much session convincing the Security guys on the public-routable address on the external NIC of the AV server.

But It occurs to me that some organisation may not be able to compile when their policies is to make use of VPN or SSL VPN means and not using ISA means. Would it still be possible to connect an external machine via VPN or SSL VPN to an edge on the DMZ for voice and audio??

anyone have any views/insight to this?

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:56 AM

All replies

• Yes, we're running Cisco AnyConnect for our remote users just to keep it simple for now.  Voice and Video work great from remote to remote and remote to home site.

Just make sure the DNS servers given out to remote users will resolve that edge and not your internal pool.

Since you're tunneling a VPN in, you can expose the ABS too.  Although an ISA reverse proxy is recommended, you can publish the ABS to do group expansion.

The only problems I could see with this solution is remote anonymous Live Meeting users where you'd need an Edge.

Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:23 AM