Camera Motion Always Changed by Program to Rotating Motion!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Am I missing something glaringly simple??!!!?

I have tried 32bit version on a Win XP and a Win 7 machine and both do the same thing:

Whatever choice you make for camera motion the program calculates and then automatically changes it to rotating.

This is rather frustrating considering I am photographing two large murals I painted in a very tight space and a planar 3 stitching formula is the only way I can get it into my portfolio. I learned that the hard way with a day spent on photoshop (as far as I can tell a pretty bad stitcher in general). As far as I know this is the best photo stitcher available so why doesn't it work in the most basic sense (or let you change the settings before it does the work, for that matter)???

Thank you very much,

Muralist in Need

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:37 PM

Answers

• This problem is fixed in ICE 2.0, which we released last week.  If you select "Planar motion with perspective" (which is equivalent to "planar motion 3" in the old version of ICE), the stitcher will respect that choice.  Note that ICE may be unable to solve for a satisfactory alignment, in which case it will tell you that the images can't be stitched using that particular camera motion setting.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:46 AM

All replies

• 3 years later I'm experimenting the same issues... any information?
    Friday, January 9, 2015 5:54 PM
  • This problem is fixed in ICE 2.0, which we released last week.  If you select "Planar motion with perspective" (which is equivalent to "planar motion 3" in the old version of ICE), the stitcher will respect that choice.  Note that ICE may be unable to solve for a satisfactory alignment, in which case it will tell you that the images can't be stitched using that particular camera motion setting.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:46 AM