Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern:

I have a laptop that already came with the Microsoft Office Products.  I have read all the responses to the questions, but am sorry to say that the answers are not satisfactory.  We are asking for the 25-digit product key but are just reading about what more we need to BUY.  We just need a product key.  I am wrting more toward Carey Frisch(MVP).  Who is the coordinator of handing out product keys? Please respond. 

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:32 PM

Answers

• James is mostly correct.

Either the Office is a Trial version or it's a full version you payed for.

If it's a Trial, you can use it till the Trial period expires. If at that point, you wish to continue using it, you would need to buy a Full version. You would then use the Product key that came with the Full Version of Office to convert the Trial version of Office to a Full version.

If the Office is a Full version then, you more then likely, payed extra to have it included in the computer and the Product key for that Office would be included in the documentation that came with the computer.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:37 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 10:36 PM

All replies

• Hello Angels and Butterflys,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:26 AM
  • New computers will sometimes come with trial software.  This may be the case with your software.  You can activate it as a trail or you can purchase a full version of the same Office suite you have installed and enter the purchased product key.

Given that the Office trials are not hosted or managed by the Microsoft Store, the assistance we are able to provide is limited.  What I can suggest is to uninstall the Office software you currently have and register for a trial and download from www.trymicrosoftoffice.comIf you continue to have difficulty, I would recommend contacting Digital River – the company responsible for the above website.  You can reach them by email at msoffice.us@trymicrosoftoffice.com or by phone at 1-877-244-8653.  They are available Monday-Friday 6am-6pm PST.

I know it can be frustrating however this trial software is not isntalled by Microsoft.  This is done buy the retailer that you purchased your product from, or the computer manufacturer themselves. 

• Proposed as answer by James Endicott Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:42 PM
  • James is mostly correct.

Either the Office is a Trial version or it's a full version you payed for.

If it's a Trial, you can use it till the Trial period expires. If at that point, you wish to continue using it, you would need to buy a Full version. You would then use the Product key that came with the Full Version of Office to convert the Trial version of Office to a Full version.

If the Office is a Full version then, you more then likely, payed extra to have it included in the computer and the Product key for that Office would be included in the documentation that came with the computer.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:37 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 10:36 PM