none
How to run a exe file from web api on iis RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am working on a project in which I need to call one exe file from web API as and when users request come to web API so I am trying to call that exe file in web API from IIS it's not called but locally it is working fine. what to do with that? I have also try to debug on IIS and there are no errors caught during debbugging.

Any help will be most appreciated.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, July 17, 2017 7:26 PM ASP.NET related
    Monday, July 17, 2017 6:56 AM

All replies

• WebAPI is in the ASP.NET forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

Monday, July 17, 2017 3:21 PM
  • Hello all,

I am working on a project in which I need to call one exe file from web API as and when users request come to web API so I am trying to call that exe file in web API from IIS it's not called but locally it is working fine. what to do with that? I have also try to debug on IIS and there are no errors caught during debbugging.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Generally speaking, this is a really bad idea, and usually suggests a flawed design. What happens if two users come in at the same time? Do you want to launch two *.exe files? This simply doesn't scale.

I think you need to supply a more detailed description of what you are trying to accomplish here. Almost certainly there is a better design solution.

Monday, July 17, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Please post questions related to web development in the ASP.NET forums.
    Monday, July 17, 2017 7:26 PM
  • actually I am working with Apache spark on the .net platform so I need to pass on every request an exe file to cluster for execution 

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:30 AM