Send an email response from a person to the CRM user's default queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using CRM 2013 on premises with the Spring Release.  I want to place the response to an email into the  CRM's user default queue on response.  Here's essentially want to do:

CRM User sends email to someone (re: Email record written) --> Someone replies to the email (re: the reply Email Record is written)  -->  Email record is added to the CRM User's Default Queue so he can review it.

I know this can be done if  1) each CRM User has his Exchange username/password on their Email Record so it can constantly check the Exchange server   or  2) Use a Forwarding mailbox which essentially means that each CRM User will need to create an Outlook Rule to route the emails to the CRM. 

However, those two options I think have much overhead with many CRM users since 1) each CRM User Email record will need to have their password updated whenever their network password changes   or  2) each CRM User will have to manually create an Outlook Rule to forward those messages to the CRM.

What I would like to do is send out all emails under one email address such as "Support@mysite.com" so when the email is replied, it goes directly to that email address.   But, a workflow could run so that it takes that Email record when it is received, then looks up the original sender of the email and inserts a record on the default queue of the Sender.   This way, I'm thinking it has the least overhead when maintaining emails. Make sense?   Or is there a better way?

Essentially, I have all this working EXCEPT the fact that when the Reply email is received, I don't know how to insert the Queue List Item for the original sender's queue.   Here's what I've done so far:

I've create a workflow to identity the Received email Record, but I'm not sure how to identity what queue list item to insert it to.   I've also added a step to  Create a Queue Item.   I know to set the property of the Queue Item to the Email Message, but I don't know what to set the Queue.    Can I get the Default Queue in the   CRM User record of the owner in the "Parent Activity Id (Email)".    (that's what it says in the Form Assistant).

The thing I *may* have to do if I can't figure out how to do this is put every single email message in a single queue, but I would rather not do that.

I hope all this makes sense.

Thank you in advance for responding!!

-Steve

SteveS

Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:04 PM