Validation issues with Vista 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• This is really becoming annoying.

Vista freezes every now and again so I have to reboot while in Vista by switching off the computer.

It loads and then I get a sign in the right corner saying this is s a non genuine copy of Vista.

I reboot the machine and sometimes the message disappears.

I have re entered my key after Vista decides I have a counterfeit product , I have gone to the site and re validated and then it tells me the validation was successful..........still getting the sign in the corner.

I reboot the machine the sign disappears.

This has been going on since Vista downloaded and installed a number of updates automatically.

I have used Acronis to reinstall the system to try and avert this problem but it still continues, message in corner and then through the process of validation again and again.

Also the Internet browser decides to freeze evrey now and then and if I walk away from the machine and come back to surf the net, the connection is gone.

I have to reboot the machine again.

Any solutions ???

eric

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hello thubleau,

Your Vista becoming Non-Genuine and then becoming Genuine again, after a reboot (even though Vista is Genuine, it can take up to 2 reboots for the black text on the desktop to disapear), sounds like an issue usually caused by a semi-incompatible Driver.  A last minute change in Vista caused some drivers (that were released on or around the time Vista was launched) to be no fully compatible and sometimes the driver will do something that Vista's licensing system interpets as a tamper attack which promps Vista into a Non-Genuine state. Vista only goes non-genuine usually only goes non-genuine for a few seconds, but, as I mentioned, it can take up to 2 reboots for all of Vista's systems to resync.

My suggestion is to confirm that you have (or update to) the most up to date versions of all your drivers.

As for the randon Vista and Internet Browser freezing, I believe that issue is unrelated to the Licensing/Non-Genuine issue, that I described above. But I do suggest that once you resolve the Licensing/Non-Genuine issue, confirm your are still experiencing the Vista and/or Browser Freeze issue and if so, post a description of the issue(s) in one of the Vista newsgroups at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=42486 or go to http://support.microsoft.com for additional support options.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 23, 2008 9:41 PM