Permissions for Notes RRS feed

• Question

• I have defined a Role who can Read Cases from Organzation but can edit or update his own only. Same is for Notes. But the user can see Add a New Note Link and can add a note on cases Owned by the suers belong to same Business Unit.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Attaching notes to a case is controlled by Case  'Append To' If the user has only 'User' privileges - they can only add notes (or any other record type) to to cases that they own.

The user must also have 'Append' privileges on the Note entity.

hth,

@ScottDurow

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:35 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Attaching notes to a case is controlled by Case  'Append To' If the user has only 'User' privileges - they can only add notes (or any other record type) to to cases that they own.

The user must also have 'Append' privileges on the Note entity.

hth,

@ScottDurow

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:35 PM
    Answerer
  • which level of Append privilages on Note?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:41 PM
  • At least 'User' - the usual is 'Business Unit'

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:47 PM
    Answerer
  • I have given following ones

Entity Append AppendTo

Note   BU        BU

Case   BU        User

I still can see "Add a new note" Link and even can type note but somehow it start giving error when and click anywhere else on Case screen after writing note. But for the cases from other OUs it even do not show Add a New Note link. why is that so?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I can reproduce this on UR10. It must be a bug with the notes control in that it does not detect that the user doesn't have permissions to create a note.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:07 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:47 AM