none
upgrading from windows 7 to 10 RRS feed

• Question

• i have a legit copy of windows 7 home 64bit and its activated.

can i download and use windows 10 using the download tool:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and use it straight away or do i have to buy a new licence for windows 10

-thanks in advance

• Edited by _NightShade Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:08 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi _NightShade.

This question should be asked in a Windows Forum, which is more appropriate for this kind of topics
    Windows 10 was available as free upgrade from previous Windows versions until July 29 2016: if you download Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and use that ISO file to create a Windows 10 installation support, you need to have a Windows 10 Retail Product Key code (i.e., a license) to be able to install and activate Windows 10.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi _NightShade.

This question should be asked in a Windows Forum, which is more appropriate for this kind of topics
    Windows 10 was available as free upgrade from previous Windows versions until July 29 2016: if you download Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and use that ISO file to create a Windows 10 installation support, you need to have a Windows 10 Retail Product Key code (i.e., a license) to be able to install and activate Windows 10.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:43 PM
  • thank for the help and sorry for the late reply.
    Monday, October 15, 2018 3:57 PM
  • thank for the help and sorry for the late reply.

You're welcome.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:04 PM