Change chart's title RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to hide the view name that appears right under the title of the chart. please see the attached picture. how do i hide the "Dashboard_C&E" ? Also I want to make the "Outgoing Calls and emails" bold. I have played with the properties of the <Title> in the xml file but it doesn't work.

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:07 PM

Answers

• I had to rename the view to "." now I see only a small dot ;)
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have a look at this article about customizing charts.

My Weblog | My Website

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:13 PM
  • This Article talks about everything except the title.

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:16 PM
  • To explain:

• The first line is the name of the chart ("Outgoing Calls and Emails"). You can only change this by renaming the chart (visualization name element, or by changing the name within CRM). You cannot hide this, as far as I know.
    • The second line is the name of the view ("Dashboard_C&E"). You can only change this by renaming the view. You cannot hide this, as far as I know.

In a normal situation, you can bold the chart title by adding this text to the Title element in the XML (addition shown in bold):

• Font="{0}, 12pt, style=Bold"

However, I'm pretty sure CRM does not support that, or many other changes, to the title of the chart and name of the view. The last time I tried to mess with it, it refused to change either of those elements except as explained above.

You might be out of luck...

Other note: You can bold some elements by using that "style." It works on labels, for example.

Ben, MCPD & Technology Solutions Architect at eImagine Technology Group Think. Connect. Deliver.

• Edited by Ben Klopfer Monday, July 15, 2013 10:42 PM other note
    Monday, July 15, 2013 10:40 PM
  • The problem is that none of the properties of the Title class works for me. even allignment and font size.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:27 AM
  • Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, I think it is just a limitation of CRM's visualization rendering engine.

I suspect it is related to how Microsoft renders the "title" and "view" areas when presenting a chart. In some cases, it is rendered as a dropdown control if you have the options checked on for "View Selector" and "Chart Selector." Because of this, MS may have taken the easy road and chose to ignore style settings as it could mess up the dropdowns if there were weird styles applied.

Sorry! Believe me, I wish it worked too... I often get requests from clients for live updating dashboards for display on TV screens. I often can't customize as much as I would like to.

Ben, MCPD & Technology Solutions Architect at eImagine Technology Group Think. Connect. Deliver.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:47 AM
  • I had to rename the view to "." now I see only a small dot ;)
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:26 PM