OC server crashed after being up for over a month RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am having an issue that I hope some of you have seen before and can help with. I am using the evaluation version of office communications server 2007. The server has been up and running since April 20th with no issues. Today when I arrived to work no one could sign in. I checked the event viewer and here are a couple of errors that I am receiving:

First,
    The office communicatinos server front-end service terminated with service-specific error 3286774273 (0xC3E83201)

Second,
    DataMCUSvc(2152), ACPMCUSvc(1712), IMMCUSvc(2336),ASMCUSvc(1888), and ASMCUSvc(1964) Failed to send health notifications to the MCU Factory.
    Failure occurences, 250+ on all of them since 05/28/2009 at 9:56AM

Last,
    A component could not be started. The service has to stop.
    Component: Live Communications Applications Module
    Error Code: C3E83201 (SIPPROXY_E_SHUTDOWN_REQUESTED)

If any of you have seen these types of errors and know how to fix them your help would be greatly appreciated. I have found similar issues on these forums and have tried the fixes described and they dont seem to work.

Thank you,
    John Whelihan
    Systems Administrator
    College of Western Idaho
    johnwhelihan@cwidaho.cc

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:34 PM

Answers

• Yesterday we came in to work and our front-end service had stopped and no one could log in. As it turns out, Automatic Updates were turned on (I learned my lesson there) and it had pulled in KB 967831, and we didn't have MSMQ installed. This may be your problem. Check out this page for more info:

http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archives/1867-RtcQmsAgent-fails-to-start-on-OCS-2007-R2-server-and-causes-KB-967831-April-2009-update-for-Front-End-Server-components-install-to-fail.html
    • Marked as answer by John Whelihan Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:58 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• By default OCS Service accounts are created by OCS install and do not set the accounts to not expire passwords

So check every account that OCS uses and check wether do not expire is checked

Restart your services

Just got the same problem. But have solved it, it's because the password for RTCService account has expired.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Yesterday we came in to work and our front-end service had stopped and no one could log in. As it turns out, Automatic Updates were turned on (I learned my lesson there) and it had pulled in KB 967831, and we didn't have MSMQ installed. This may be your problem. Check out this page for more info:

http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archives/1867-RtcQmsAgent-fails-to-start-on-OCS-2007-R2-server-and-causes-KB-967831-April-2009-update-for-Front-End-Server-components-install-to-fail.html
    • Marked as answer by John Whelihan Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:58 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Thank you Paul that did the trick!!!!

John
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:58 PM