whs won't install updates automatically RRS feed

• Question

• This is a major annoyance. I have WHS 2011 set to install updates automatically. I have even remoted into the machine and windows update is set to install updates automatically at 3:00 am every night. I have rebooted thing maybe there was something screwy going on with the update service but still after 3 weeks the machine has not updated. Of course i keep getting WHS complaining at me with the "Important updates should be installed" warning.  My install is a base install with Symantec Endpoint Security and that is it. I haven't installed  any add-ons or anything like that. Does anyone have any idea whats going on? Sure i could manually install updates but i shouldn't have to and i really don't want to get into the habit of having to do that.

thanks,

Choclabs

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:33 PM

All replies

• As far as I am aware Symantec Endpoint Security is not supported on WHS2011 and may be the cause of your problem.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:45 PM
  • If an update requires you to accept a EULA, it won't install automatically. Most likely this is the cause of your issue.

When you have an alert about pending updates, you can view the alert's details in the dashboard, which will prompt you to click on a link to install those updates. Do so and the updates will be installed after you accept any EULAs.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:15 PM