Certificate Error on Remote Access Page RRS feed

• Question

• I am recieving a Certificate Error when trying to access my WHS 2011 remote access page. I have installed my SSL Cert that I recieved from Go Daddy in accordance with the instructions and now when I click on

Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended). 

It does nothing. I am not sure why I am still getting this since I have a Cert from an authority.  I have tried this on several computers and am having this issue on all of them. I am able to access the server directly through RDC and I have a Ventrilo Server running on the machine that connects just fine. I am not sure if this is a result of my Cert or if it is something else.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:46 PM

All replies

• I do not see any certificate error, if I follow your link, therefore I think you have still an outdated or mismatching certificate on your client PC in the Certificate store.

You could run certmgr.msc and try to delete any appearance of that machines name here.

Or it was only a temporary issue - or your computer does not trust Go Daddy as issuer (Is it listed in Trusted Root Certification Authorities?).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, January 23, 2012 11:10 AM