Remote Desktop Issue - WHY?!?!? RRS feed

• Question

• New Vista Ultimate machine and I am so lost.  I cannot remote to the WHS.  I get the following error message.

To log onto this computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services Right.  By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right.  If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually.

I am setup on my computer as an admin and have remote rights in WHS.  I checked the security settings and I added remote to my name.  Also checked to make sure I can use terminal services.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:19 AM

Answers

•  scribby wrote:

New Vista Ultimate machine and I am so lost.  I cannot remote to the WHS.  I get the following error message.

To log onto this computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services Right.  By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right.  If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually.

I am setup on my computer as an admin and have remote rights in WHS.  I checked the security settings and I added remote to my name.  Also checked to make sure I can use terminal services.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

You cannot use your username and password to access WHS.  You need to use Administrator for the username and the server password for the password.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:13 AM

All replies

•  scribby wrote:

New Vista Ultimate machine and I am so lost.  I cannot remote to the WHS.  I get the following error message.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

You cannot use your username and password to access WHS.  You need to use Administrator for the username and the server password for the password.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:13 AM
  • DOH!  Thanks - I must have missed that somewhere!!

Thanks again!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:11 AM