none
Xamarin Emulator works, app on device has zero output. RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this is not the right forum.  I couldn't find a forum specifically for Visual Studio 2017 with Xamarin. 

I'm trying to experiment with writing Android apps using Visual Studio 2017.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.4.  In VS I have a device emulator for 7" WSVGA, Android 6.0.  I can add buttons, text, whatever my heart desires and it works fine in the emulator.   In my device selection, my Galaxy Tab shows up as SM-T700, and I can "debug" to it.  The app seems to deploy, but when it shows up on the physical device, it only has the app title and  blank screen.  No buttons, not text, no joy.  Just a blank screen.

I connected my tablet to my coworkers computer.  He has Xamarin Studio instead of Visual Studio.  His test app works fine on my tablet, with each click of the button changing a counter on the tablet screen. What could I possibly have wrong on my laptop or in Visual Studio that is preventing me from debugging on the device?  It's rather pointless to try and develop an app that looks great on the emulator but doesn't have any output on the real device.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Moon,

This is Visual C# forum. Please ask your question into Xamarin forum.

Xamarin Forums

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 12:14 PM