Network Drivers Missing RRS feed

• Question

• i have recently installed WHS on  my HP ISTART 2380 this was running Windows Vista  but the WHS is now running XP. Problem is the WHS has not picked up the network Driver so i have a lot of problems cant connect it to other computers for a start no internet etc. ihave been to the following site to download the driver http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?pn=pb82105101&t=2007 but the issue is the network driver it recomends is a Vista Driver only. i hav eloaded the chipset drivers but i still cant get the network driver to load. Any help would be appreciated thanks John
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:59 PM

Answers

• if you are trying to install network drivers onto Windows Home Server then you will need drivers that are compatable with Server 2003, some xp drivers may work but is not recommended and may cause problems with your system, if you are unable to find server 2003 drivers you will have to replace the hardware to ones that are.
    HMG
    Friday, August 7, 2009 9:47 PM

All replies

• if you are trying to install network drivers onto Windows Home Server then you will need drivers that are compatable with Server 2003, some xp drivers may work but is not recommended and may cause problems with your system, if you are unable to find server 2003 drivers you will have to replace the hardware to ones that are.
    HMG
    Friday, August 7, 2009 9:47 PM
  • thanks for the reply it is the network card that is on the mother board so i may have to get new hardware oh S**t never mind thought it would be simple no such luck
    Friday, August 7, 2009 9:55 PM
  • ok thought of something else. haveing the Network adapter onboard has nothing to do with WHS not installing the driver. the second you could try a addin network card if you have one, it would just plug into your pci slot, try that before having to change any major hardware
    HMG
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 9:52 AM