none
Warnings about the forum software not working correctly during a specific period should be accurate RRS feed

• Question

• There was a warning today that the forum software might not work correctly between specified times (Redmond time) because of maintenance work.

Such warnings should be accurate!

I added the necessary 10 hours to the times given and found that I was outside the time period specified and started working the forums.

Many of the Moves I made supposedly worked but when I looked just now they hadn't. Some replies I made aren't now there either.

Given that I spend the first hour or so working through unread threads and given the fact that the only thing the forum software seems to have done right was to mark those threads as read, I'm now having a major problem to see which threads could possibly have not been moved to where they should have been moved to.

Next time, please make sure that when you say the forum software might not work during a certain period, that that period is accurate - I don't care if it's too long but too short is a disaster.

Mike Walsh

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    Friday, June 11, 2010 7:09 AM

Answers

• Well I can't dupe this and these messages have been spot on recently, so if no one else can repro, I think the issue seems solved (until we see otherwise). And that's a good thing about this... we can always just open a new thread if it pops back up.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:49 PM
    Owner

All replies