none
Microsoft Certifcations RRS feed

• Question

• In late '90 Windows 9 still offered the MSP certification. The set of test IF completed correctly prior to December 99 would count as certification for 2000. I would like the correct name for this certification. AND how do I locate proof I completed these test. my house burned and I have lost all records. thank you
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi, UncleFrank.

Sorry to hear about the house.

Whichever certification you had earned in 1999, it will still be on your transcript. It will show your earned certification title, the exam name, and the date you passed it. As well, your certification will probably be marked as Legacy on your transcript.

I am guessing that you earned a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification on Windows 95/98/NT. It should still be in Microsoft's records. The key is for Microsoft to find your records based on information you offered when you registered and passed the exam.

Here are some things that can be helpful for Microsoft to find your records. They will probably ask for additional information.

• Do you still have the same full name as when you took the exam?
    • Do you remember what email address you may have used when you took the exam? Did you have a Hotmail account?
    • Do you have the address and phone number where you lived or worked at that time?
    • Can you log into the Prometric site and see your Prometric ID?
    • Do you remember if you took the exam with Prometric or VUE? You probably registered for the exam over the phone.

Microsoft needs to find your MCP ID based on the information you give them. You can contact Microsoft with all the information you can gather so they can find you in their records. Working with Microsoft Support, you can also assign a newer email Live ID address (if necessary) so you can log into the MCP site and see your transcript.

Gather all the evidence you can and then contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center. Their email address is mcphelp@microsoft.com

You can also call them on the phone. Please use the following web page to find the correct contact information for help.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx

This web page includes email and phone contact information for your geographic location so you can email or call them directly. They will help you get this figured out.

As well, if you took the exam with Prometric, you can also call them and see if they can help you determine your Prometric ID. This can be used by Microsoft to determine you MCP ID. Here is the contact information for Microsoft exam candidates:
    https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/pages/contact-numbers.aspx?client=microsoft

If you think you took the exam with VUE, you can contact them here:
    https://www.vue.com/contact/

NOTE: This public forum is usually monitored by fellow IT professionals like you and me but not by Microsoft employees.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:32 PM
    Answerer