My computer died-can I transfer remaining subscription time? RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a new desktop this week to replace the dead one. I still have over 10 months left of the year protection from the old desktop. The other two licenses in the package (it was for three total) are to be used by the two laptops we have. The computer that died was a desktop and was to be the hub for all three. If I can't transfer the remaining months from the old desktop to the new desktop , I won't be using the program on the laptops either. Thanks for any help.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hello Jan, you can install One Care on the new computer. Since one computer no longer functions you will have only three computers on your subscription when you add the new one.
    Jim
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Jan, you can install One Care on the new computer. Since one computer no longer functions you will have only three computers on your subscription when you add the new one.
    Jim
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:49 AM
  • I'm about to deal with this same issue. I'm waiting for my new pc to arrive. I have a one year 3-pc subscription. Two pc's are in use, the third pc dead last week and I can't get into it. My subscription expires in March 2010. Will I have any problem installing and activating OneCare on this new pc?
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 9:24 PM
  • There should be no problem adding the new computer to your subscription.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 9:46 PM