Cached pages not removed RRS feed

• Question

• We have submitted 3 requests to remove cached pages from a client's site. The bot last crawled the site in December 2008. We've received the same canned e-mail response that the content would be removed in 2 days, but it hasn't.

The problem is that there are several cached pages that need to be removed. We can give the path to the directory (e.g. www.yourwebsite.com/directory/*), but don't want to fill out the form for each one since it is a database-driven site.

Let me know how we can get this resolved ASAP because it is exposing private information from a client's database.

Thanks,
    LJ
    Friday, March 27, 2009 6:05 PM

Answers

• The wildcard will work. If you have requested these pages removed, were they page removals or cache removals? based on the subject line of this post, it sounds like you used a cache removal which only removes the cached results and not the page itself. I strongly suggest reading our blog post:http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2009/01/28/removing-content-from-the-live-search-index.aspx  which explicitly states:

3. Identify from where in Live Search you want the URL removed. To quickly remove a URL, select Content Removal Request from the form’s drop-down list. Select one of these resulting options for removal:

•  
      • Remove my content. If you want the URL removed from the SERP, select this option. This is a permanent removal. Should you want this URL indexed again in the future, you will need to fill out a Content Inclusion Request from the same support form.
      • Cache removal. If you just want the cached page removed, use this option. Note that this will not remove the URL from our index.

4. Complete the rest of the form. Submit the URL or URLs to be removed, the query used to find the URL, complete the rest of the form, and then click Submit.

:

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, March 30, 2009 8:43 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 8:42 PM