1 User - Two different Behaviors - WTF! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm having a really strange issue with CRM 2011 onsite.

I have a user defined - a sales manager.

I can login with this user ID on windows 7, using IE 11 - everything works fine (I can create a lead/view a lead)

If I let my user login (windows 7, IE 11) she gets an error message when she tries to edit/create or view a lead

both of us are accessing the server remotely.

has anyone come across anything like this or got any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

Thanks,

Ed.

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:37 PM

All replies

• What is the error that your user gets?

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:05 PM
  • the error looks like this - not very descriptive:

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to add the site to the Compatibility View Settings to resolve the issue.

If doesn't help try to check event viewer or try bu running fiddler or enable tracing.

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by Kalim Khan Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:44 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:31 AM
  • Your screen shot looks like CRM is showing Mobile Express. I just thought, IE 11 is only supported with CRM 2011 if you have Update Rollup 17 or later applied so CRM Inn's idea to try compatibility view settings may help.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:53 AM
  • thanks guys I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Regards,

Ed.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:45 AM
  • what happens if you just append /main.aspx to the url you use?

CRM attempts to determine which browser you use so it can make some decisions on what to show you e.g. the mobile client like the page in your screenshot - and when it cannot it 'runs home to mama' and shows you the mobile page. Put the /main.aspx at the end of your url and it should be all better.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:54 PM