onecare firewall blocking connections on belkin network usb hub(F5L009) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a desktop, laptop and a belkin F5D8233-4v3 n wireless router, an apc batterybackup powersupply(usb notification connection), a Western digital my booh external usb drive, a HP 7210xi all in one printer and a u272 isb modem that need to be shared on the network, but I do not have dsl or hispeed internet except for the usb(3-G) (EVDO) wireless modem(so the need to network the modem) have both wired and wireless connection devices in the desktop and laptop, and also a C7180 all in one printer that has wireless capability.

with the hub hard hired to the router, with either hard wire or wireless connetcions to the router, the devices plugged into the hub show up on the control panel but will not connect untill the one care firewall is disabled.

Belkin has directions to modify the advanced firewall settings, which I followed, but ti still does not allow me to connect untill I disable th firewall, any Idea as to hoe th modify the settings?

they had ports and programs added to exceptions, and those modifications are in the one care settings even after reboot.

Monday, November 24, 2008 10:09 PM

Answers