Firewall in 2.0.2318.12 Not auto detecting Origeonally detected task & apps RRS feed

• Question

• No firewall notices Allow or block messages

I got .net frame work services, My xbox 360 Media Extender which I knew how to fix so I thought .

Auto detect & allow is not working.

Now a flood of microsoft windows error reports are flying this that crashed service could not connect to the internet.

The xbox 360 media Extender & connect the only thing I know how to manually configure Won't

The rest of it sits and complains in windows error reports I reset to default the Firewall and that made things worse I need Imediate firewall HELP!!! possibly a wloc reinstall something Horriably wrong here. This needs to Be fixed Asap.

Update: I had to go into adminstative services and shut down all firewal services there's 3 the firewall and 2 other servicesI restarted windows after stopping those services. The restart did not do the trick. 

This is a Mess guys I need this firewall back the way it was I want the notices back to Please. I want a down grade to a better build if all possible.

Update: You can add Windows Live Messenger Tabs and MSN today is also being blocked by this firewall

12:41pm 08/18/07 Manually added windows apps and services: I just added manually 23 windows Items by hand and there port configurations. It took me days since this Build was released since I noticed the issues. It took a very long time.  

Friday, August 17, 2007 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Mikro

From your other posts, it seemed like you had 3 tunnel connections that put firewall in the public place. Can you please try disabling those tunnel connections?

We are looking at what is the right resolution for these tunnels is.

Thanks

Neeraj

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:21 PM

All replies

• This Needs to be address I posted a bug report Where'd eveyone go ? The firewall is messed up.  

Saturday, August 18, 2007 8:51 PM
  • Hi Mikro

From your other posts, it seemed like you had 3 tunnel connections that put firewall in the public place. Can you please try disabling those tunnel connections?

Thanks

Neeraj

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:21 PM
  • not sure what you mean by tunnel connection. I'm on windows vista is having the most issues with the firewall

There's my xbox 360 too

When it comes to the firewall with out it running auto I have no Idea I just got lucky with my 360 and getting the ports to work.

I'm very stupid when it comes to this network stuff and the firewall that's why I like wloc firewall when it works.

Firewall not even alerting to weither it's in public or home/work zones it's been really quiet

(Mikro kicks WLOC and ask Are you on? )

NeerajGarg wrote:

Hi Mikro

Thanks

Neeraj

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:26 PM
  • Hang in there, Mikro. Hopefully we'll get some more guidance soon. It does seem like some new issues were introduced with the update.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:01 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Hang in there, Mikro. Hopefully we'll get some more guidance soon. It does seem like some new issues were introduced with the update.

-steve

I'm hanging, I Wish because the issues in this build they step it up a notch and get a build that puts the issues back they way they were with the firewall and What the Heck happen to all the status alerts I don't know if I'm in public or home/work mode. or if something allowed some may not like those but I'm use to them.

If I was the wloc team I watch the windows error reporting It's filing reports every day some times computer just sitting idle I'll see Wloc closed suddenly boom a report fired off.   

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:20 AM