Quote RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frnds,

I have one important requirement i dnt know how to do this, I want tips and idea from u ppl.

My requirement was to while i create quote from opportunity window. I want to update some fields in quote and quotedetail

entity. Pls anyone give me any idea or any sample code for the same i mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
    Sab.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Sab,

Where do you want to update these fields from? If from the Opportunity record, you can do this through mappings:

Edit the opportunity entity, go to relationships. Select the opportunity_quotes relationship, click on mappings and specify the fields you wish to map from the Opportunity to Quote.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:11 PM

• Hi Karlo, I want to update the quoteproduct priceperunit and manualdiscount
    field. I write a postupdate plugin for the same requirement its working fine if i click a recalculate button in quote form. But i want to do the same in onload of the quote entity also. Give me any idea for this requirement.

Thanks & Regards
    Sab.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:17 PM
  • Hi Sab,

Are these fields dependant on a field/s on the opportunity? If so you could make use of AJAX (a good skill to have) and update these values after the form has loaded?

Cheers,

Karlo
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:41 PM