Site Template not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I created 2 or 3 templates I would like to use as project team site. I save those sites as a solution, activated them. But when I try to select them as a default project sites they don't appear to be selected.

Using PS 2010.

Any Clues ? Where to find any information on it ?

Thanks

Vinicius Paluch
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:12 PM

Answers

• I guess, the new site that has been customized and saved as template is not at the correct location i.e. under default PWA root site template gallery that could be a problem why you are not getting the template in PWA provisioning drop down, 

Try creating the new site as Log onto PWA >> on the PWA Home Page >> Site Actions >> New Site >> Choose MS Project Site Template >> Create Site >> Customize the site as much as you want >> Save Site as Template >> Goto Server Settings >> Project Site Provisioning Settings >> Default Workspace template >> And you should get ypou template listed

For Detailed Step by Step guide refer to :: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/03/15/customizing-the-project-site-in-project-server-2010.aspx 

Hope this resolves the problem, if not do let me know

Thanks
    Sunil

Friday, August 27, 2010 7:52 AM

All replies

• Did you create a new Enterprise Project Type and then try to select them
    from that interface?

- Andrew Lavinsky

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Yes.. but the template I create is not listed on the interface.
    Vinicius Paluch
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:57 PM
  • I guess, the new site that has been customized and saved as template is not at the correct location i.e. under default PWA root site template gallery that could be a problem why you are not getting the template in PWA provisioning drop down, 

Try creating the new site as Log onto PWA >> on the PWA Home Page >> Site Actions >> New Site >> Choose MS Project Site Template >> Create Site >> Customize the site as much as you want >> Save Site as Template >> Goto Server Settings >> Project Site Provisioning Settings >> Default Workspace template >> And you should get ypou template listed

For Detailed Step by Step guide refer to :: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/03/15/customizing-the-project-site-in-project-server-2010.aspx 

Hope this resolves the problem, if not do let me know

Thanks
    Sunil

Friday, August 27, 2010 7:52 AM