Microsoft Component Installer for Windows can't connect to the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to download Windows Installer 3.1 and .NET Framework 2.0.  I have Windows XP.  I've downloaded something called the Microsoft Component Installer for Windows, and tried to run the PSetup portion of the installer, which would install the two programs I've been trying to get, plus some others it identified that I was missing.  When I push the button to say that I agree to all of the licensing agreements, it then begins to try and install the components, but very shortly I get a message stating that it can't connect to the internet.  My internet is working fine, and I can access the internet on both Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.  First I tried checking the box under LAN settings that says "automatically detect settings".  Then I changed from "automatically configure proxy" to "no proxy".  I then disabled my AVG firewall.  None of these actions made any difference.  Please help.  Thank you.

Ruth Molina

Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:26 PM