Need to show the Activity party lists for TO, CC and BCC on a new activities view RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I need to show the Activity party lists for TO, CC and BCC on an activities view. I plan to copy the names of each list for eg. I will copy all names in 'To' list into another hidden text field on the form(separated by semi-colon) and then display this column in the view. Is there any other simpler way I can do this?

Also, my user wants the new view - would be names as 'Emails' to appear on the left Navigation pane on a Custom entity between the Navigation items 'Activities' and 'Closed activities' - as below. Is this possible?

Let me know.Thanks - Anwesha.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:22 PM

All replies

• HI,

I need to show the Activity party lists for TO, CC and BCC on an activities view. I plan to copy the names of each list for eg. I will copy all names in 'To' list into another hidden text field on the form(separated by semi-colon) and then display this column in the view. Is there any other simpler way I can do this?

Also, my user wants the new view - would be names as 'Emails' to appear on the left Navigation pane on a Custom entity between the Navigation items 'Activities' and 'Closed activities' - as below. Is this possible?

Let me know.Thanks - Anwesha.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:21 PM
  • To show the party lists, you could create a plugin on Update and Create of the email entity, and in the plugin read the party list detail, and put it into custom fields on the email entity

For the navigation item, I think you can just add a navigation item for the Email entity. However, I think that will only display emails related via the regarding field, and not for the other participation types (e.g. To, CC, From)

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:34 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks very much for your response.

For the second point, you mean the activities won't be listed in the Navigation pane for the users/ contacts mentioned in To, CC, From?

Regards,

Anwesha

Friday, January 29, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Can you users agree on a report?

Regards Faisal

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:24 PM
  • HI Faisal,

I am afraid they won't because they want to these the party lists directly through the views and not open each email record to see the names in TO, BCC, CC .

Regards,

Anwesha

Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Hi all,

Is it possible to create a custom link (called emails as below)on the navigation pane of my custom entity - which will show a custom advanced find on Emails view with the columns/ party lists To, CC, BCC?

This view should not only show the related emails of the custom entity but emails of the entities related to this custom entity as well.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks - Anwesha

Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:45 PM