Another Windows 7 that IS genuine, but M$ says no. RRS feed

• Question

• Read, followed and obeyed all the try this, try that and still, windows says it's not genuine.

When did this happen? I did a restore that took me back 3 days. And now, the M$ PiratePhobia Syndrome kicked in with "...is not a geunine ...."

After reading the popout that says something about ...'if it IS genuine, click...', and clicking that, takes me to a "Buy Now" page. No help, no fix, no hints. I called M$ and they want $55.00 to let me talk to someone that _might_ be able to fix it. Been that route before with another comp - will never throw money that way again.

I followed all of the 'fixes' throughout these similar rampant "...not genuine..."poofahs. Nothing worked. M$ popout still insists that the manufacturer put a jacked copy on here 8 months ago (when I bought it) and from a internationally known and reputable computer manufacturer at that. Yes, OEM.

M$ never got DOS (all versions), 3.1 3.1 for workgroups, 95, 97, ME, 2000, XP, or Vista right and they want me to pay to have their bug fixed - not. I hope they get 8 right.

I know, I could start all over again and re-re-re-install the OS. Then re-install all the other software, validate those, figure out how to recover all email, contacts, settings anmd so on without having to read through a hundred -how-to's. Impossible. I'll have to pay someone to do all that. But it won't be $55.00 @ you know where.

I can't find it, though I really tried, any workable solution at M$. Probably isn't one, and since 8 is on it's way, maybe M$ doesn't care. But I, and I'm certain many others, are not going to rush out and buy Windos 8, or 9 or whatecver it will be called this week, just to get around the 'not genuine' lie.

The only thing I've seen that works, is a full re-install - - oh yes, and Linux.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:32 PM

Answers

• You say you've read around - but you haven't provided ANY of the required data.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
     - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:36 PM

All replies

• You say you've read around - but you haven't provided ANY of the required data.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
     - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Linux is an empty threat.  This is not Microsoft.  It is a user to user forum.  We are all volunteer peers.  Please observe announcement 1 at the top of this forum page.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:31 AM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, October 7, 2011 9:50 PM