Mapping from an Opportunity to Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to map a field from the Opportunity to an Account but only when an Opportunity has been won do I want it to populate into the Account.  Is that possible and if so how?  Thanks so much!
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:00 PM

Answers

• Mapping is always done from parent entity to child entity. Of the shelf the relattionship between account and opportunity is Parent child therefore you can map fields from account to opportunity and not from opportunity to account. Secondly mapping only works on create of record and will not work on change of status. Use workflow and put status in the condition.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could achieve that using a Plugin. Register it on Opportunity Win and fetch the corresponding field and update the Account record.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:09 AM
  • You can also use workflow to implement your requirement.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:43 AM
  • If you want things to happen Synchronously go with Plugin or you can just go with Mahender's reply by writing a simple system workflow which could be triggered on Opportunity Won.

--
    Regards,

Gopinath.

http://mscrmtechie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Mapping is always done from parent entity to child entity. Of the shelf the relattionship between account and opportunity is Parent child therefore you can map fields from account to opportunity and not from opportunity to account. Secondly mapping only works on create of record and will not work on change of status. Use workflow and put status in the condition.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Thanks to everyone for your responses!

Hi Faisal, I'm new at creating workflows, do you have any helpful websites or documents to help me create a workflow?  Thanks again for your detailed answer, it was very helpful.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:22 AM