ISSUE: Live Mesh Remote Desktop doesn't work when no monitor is connected to the remote computer RRS feed

• Question

• Live Mesh Remote Desktop doesn't work when no monitor is connected to the remote computer. If it still works for you after you've disconnected your monitor, try rebooting.

Solution: Live mesh should be made aware that a monitor can be disconnected. And then also update the option "Show desktop on remote computer" in the future. Because Live mesh doesnt detect a monitor, this option could be made hidden.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:06 PM

Answers

• This should be submitted as a suggestion on Connect:

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

I've not encountered what you describe, but then my PCs are not headless. I suspect it isn't an issue with a lack of a monitor, but that a video driver needs to be installed. On the other hand, Live Mesh RD will present a message to a logged on user that someone is looking to connect before actually presenting you with the login, so that a logged in user can deny the request. If no display device is detected, it can't do this.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:44 PM