Deploy Mobile server side.. ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a operational OCS 2007 plateforme (IM, VIDEO, phon calL on PSTN, all work)

I have deployed 

- OCS 2007

- Mediation

my domain = testdomain.com

the public IP of my OCS 2007 is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  

Now i want use Office Mobile Communicator (already installed + certificate) on my smartphone with windows Live 5

But.. when i want sign in, it doesn't work..

here the config:

SIP server:  XXX.XXX.XXX.XX@testdomain.com:443  (correct form???)

domain\user : testdomain.com\kc

and it's all...

I am in my TEST lab, my OCS 2007 is connected to internet and is behind a firewall + NAT...

Is an Edge Server necessary ?? 

(i give no importance to security, it's juste a test .. !)

thank's

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers

• If you connect from the internet the EDGE server is required!

If you connect from lan the you need to configure the internal server "ocs.domain.com"

If you have an EDGE and connect from the internet then the external servername is "ocsedge.domain.com:443"

If you want to open up your OCS testlab to the internet you need to connect to port 5061 but I have not tested that and it may well not work

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 10:56 PM
  • Hey there;

Office Communicator Mobile (COMO) is a form of Remote Access and therefore needs/uses an Access Edge server to provide the desired funtionality.  All the rest of your settings are correct...just add an A/E.

Rob 

Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:38 AM
  • NAT is supported for the Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge.  A publically routable IP address is only required for the A/V Edge role.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:46 AM

All replies

• If you connect from the internet the EDGE server is required!

If you connect from lan the you need to configure the internal server "ocs.domain.com"

If you have an EDGE and connect from the internet then the external servername is "ocsedge.domain.com:443"

If you want to open up your OCS testlab to the internet you need to connect to port 5061 but I have not tested that and it may well not work

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 10:56 PM
  • Hey there;

Office Communicator Mobile (COMO) is a form of Remote Access and therefore needs/uses an Access Edge server to provide the desired funtionality.  All the rest of your settings are correct...just add an A/E.

Rob 

Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:38 AM
  • Okay, thank's !

And if I deploy an edge server, the NAT is not a probleme? Or i need a direct IP (routable IP) ?
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:16 AM
  • NAT is supported for the Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge.  A publically routable IP address is only required for the A/V Edge role.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:46 AM
  • OK, thank's all
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:14 AM