Microsoft Money 2004 RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a new computer almost 2 years ago, had Windows 7 installed  and I still had the disc to install this version of Money.  It was done for me because I needed all of the info that was on that program.  The info had been saved but it needed the disc reinstalled for it to work.

NOW I would like to know if anyone is using this version of Money on Windows 10?  Since I will probably upgrade when I receive the free version of Windows 10, I need to know what Money program I will be using.  I just don't know how all of these upgrades work.

If Windows 10 is going to interfere with anything the way my computer is now I will think carefully if I really want to upgrade.

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:15 PM

All replies

• What version is that? Does your disk say "Microsoft Money 2004", or does it say "Microsoft Money" copyright 2004?

Is it from UK, US, or elsewhere?

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:29 PM
  • It is    MONEY 2004   and it is from the US.       I know I still
    have the disk but have to go through to much stuff to find it at the moment.  When I open money it says " Microsoft     MONEY 2004"
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:22 PM
  • You can update to Money Sunset - see the second, sticky post in this forum.

There are no reports of program incompatibility with Windows 10 - with Money versions or anything else. Money 2005 UK works in both 32 and 64 bit preview versions of Windows 10 and there is no reason to think there will be any change with the released version.

If you have any old devices there might be some driver problems.

Some security software versions may not have Windows 10 compatible versions available at release time. The Windows 10 upgrade process will replace these with Windows Defender: users will need to find and install the Windows 10 compatible versions of their security software once they are available.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:52 AM