Showing option set type field instead of text field on form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to show bunch of fields and option set depending upon the case type. The fields are around 5 - 8 and 2- 4 option set as additional, those are specific to the case type which means every case type have different data set to capture.

My design approach for this is to create a separate entity, which is creating all the 5 - 8 fields as records depending up on the case type so that user can capture the data appropriately however i am struggling how to show the option set as well as an record.

For example. Case type = Hardware then users should capture which hardware from the list (Option set) then capture  make, model, date of reg, etc as text.

So if the next time case type = Software then form should capture the fields specific to software and then option sets specific to software's.

The above example is just on the assumption basis, in the actual scenario there is detailed logic around the type and field capture.

I need to know what would be the best approach to resolve these kind of req. and if I am going ahead with a single custom entity which is creating all those data fields on the basis of case type and showing as part of the grid would work ? if so then how should i include option sets in the same record.

Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:36 AM

All replies

• Either you can write a script to show hide the fields on the basis of case type or for each case type create a section on the case entity from, which contain collection of respective fields and write a java script to hide and show section on the basis of the selected case type.

For the Option set you can create a dependent picklist, which is depend on the case type option set.

For example if the case type is Hardware then the dependent picklist show only those picklist item which is required for hardware, and if the case type is Software then show only software related picklist items.

To know how to create dependent picklist please click on the below link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg594433(v=crm.7).aspx\

Thanks,

Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, May 30, 2016 12:17 PM