none
Which 'MCTS: .NET Framework 4' is more requested by employers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a student and I would like to start to study c# and .net and earn a microsoft certification.

I see there are 4 different certification for the new .net 4.0:

-application

-web application

-Service Communication Applications

-data access

Which one of these do you think is more requested in the job market?

Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:25 PM

Answers

• All four have unique job responsibilities and you should be doing the one you have experience with.

In terms of employer/job, Web Application (ASP .net) should be in demand the most. J

Good luck and hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:19 AM
  •  

I agree, my guess would also be that MCTS: Web would be most popular all round.
    Though id say MCTS: WCF will get you the calls from bigger companies.

Monday, July 26, 2010 5:55 AM
  • Personally, I think Data Access is the one to have a think about as well. I've finished uni last December and got a job in March as a Developer, numerous job position I've applied for, most common requirements was knowing SQL and databases. That's the one with most flexibility. My current job is a combination of both web development (ASP.NET) and application both with database connection (hence my emphasis on database :P )

However, I have seen a rise in knowing ASP.NET but from where I am from, there seem to be a huge need of either PHP or ASP.NET or Java, which is where Data Access will be a better option for some like me. I'm from Australia so it could be different overseas.

My suggestion is to go look at the current entry jobs in the job market today, see what is popular/common.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:19 PM

All replies

• All four have unique job responsibilities and you should be doing the one you have experience with.

In terms of employer/job, Web Application (ASP .net) should be in demand the most. J

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:19 AM

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Thanks your reply was helpful
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:28 AM
  •  

I agree, my guess would also be that MCTS: Web would be most popular all round.
    Though id say MCTS: WCF will get you the calls from bigger companies.

Monday, July 26, 2010 5:55 AM
  • Personally, I think Data Access is the one to have a think about as well. I've finished uni last December and got a job in March as a Developer, numerous job position I've applied for, most common requirements was knowing SQL and databases. That's the one with most flexibility. My current job is a combination of both web development (ASP.NET) and application both with database connection (hence my emphasis on database :P )

However, I have seen a rise in knowing ASP.NET but from where I am from, there seem to be a huge need of either PHP or ASP.NET or Java, which is where Data Access will be a better option for some like me. I'm from Australia so it could be different overseas.

My suggestion is to go look at the current entry jobs in the job market today, see what is popular/common.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:19 PM