none
can't find newly installed workstations RRS feed

• Question

• we've installed HPC 2012 pack on a head node and a number of workstations. Some of the workstations were installed last year. these can be seen in the cluster manager and I can execute a cmd on them. New nodes installed over the past 2 days never show up when I do an "add node". What am I missing?
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Markkaminski,

Please check the below:

1. What is the HPC version you installed for head node and the new workstation nodes? 

Can you log onto the head node and one of your new workstation node to check the version number of HPC server components? (Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features)

2. Have you selected the correct cluster name when installing the new workstation nodes? You shall select the head node machine name as the cluster name.

Please log onto one of your new workstation node, run "cmd", then run "echo %ccp_scheduler%" in the cmd console to check if the output is same with your head node machine name.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:07 AM
  • Hi, sorry, it was a dummy problem.  We didn't have the install right.  Thanks for the help! mark

Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:37 PM