Where are the offers? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi, while I just purchased my Vista Business OS and validated fine, etc... where are the genuine offers? I installed the WGA plugin, etc... as well. Through XP pro, there were a small list of genuine offers, through Vista, I found none. I have searched high and low but only found some office type offers which don't apply anyway. I installed silver light too, still can't find any Genuine advantage software. I know some by heart, like Photostory 3 and such but thought there would be some different ones for Vista, although, even those don't show any more as with XP pro on the GA site. Thanks a bunch.

GG
    Friday, August 15, 2008 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hi gimpguy,
    Am I correct that you are referring to the offers on the www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers page? You are correct that most of the offers on that page are for XP users only (and therefore when you view the page on a PC running Vista you will not see the XP-only offers). We are working on lining up more offers for both XP and Vista users. Please keep checking the page periodically for updates.

Best regards,
    Jenifer
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:22 PM
    Monday, August 18, 2008 6:40 AM

All replies

•  

How can I tell if the copy of Microsoft Windows that was installed on my computer is eligible for the BONUS PACK offer? http://www.localpcbuilder.com/eligible/

Bonus Pack – FAQ: http://www.localpcbuilder.com/buylocal_faq.aspx

Please note: I am not a Microsoft employee...only a voluntary forum contributor.
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:04 PM
  • Thanks. I looked at that but it's for OEMs. I tried anyway which I knew would state I wasn't eligible. I have a full version and a home built, no OEM.   I read that Vista buyers get extra software etc.. for being genuine but haven't seen it yet although Vista already has many things included so could be why too. I'm happy getting my own softwares as I have done for years so it's no big problem or anything. Thanks for the feedback.

GG
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:25 PM
  • Hi gimpguy,
    Am I correct that you are referring to the offers on the www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers page? You are correct that most of the offers on that page are for XP users only (and therefore when you view the page on a PC running Vista you will not see the XP-only offers). We are working on lining up more offers for both XP and Vista users. Please keep checking the page periodically for updates.

Best regards,
    Jenifer
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:22 PM
    Monday, August 18, 2008 6:40 AM
  •  Hi Jenifer,

Yes, that is what I was referring to and thanks for clearing that up. I will keep checking.

Thanks again,

GG
    Monday, August 18, 2008 2:11 PM